Skip to the content
- ICAR-CENTRAL INSTITUTE OF BRACKISHWATER AQUACULTURE
Awards and Recognitions
- ICAR-CIBA received Ganesh Shankar Vidhyarthi Hindi patrika puruskar 2021 (2nd prize) for Annual Hindi Magazine Jal Tarang on 94th ICAR foundation day held on 16th July 2022 at NASC complex, Delhi.
- ICAR-CIBA bagged Swachhta Pakhwada Awards 2021 (IInd Prize) declared by the ICAR to the Institutions/Establishments based on the range and scale of the activities undertaken by them during the Swachhta Pakhwada observed during l6th to 31st December, 202l.
- ICAR-CIBA Bagged the ICAR’s Best Annual Report Award 2019-20
- Nambikkai Fish Farmers Group, Tamil Nadu, and Sai Aqua Feeds, Andhra Pradesh, who have been incubated and adopted the technology of ICAR-CIBA has been awarded with Best Fisheries Self Help Group and Best Fisheries Enterprise Award- 2020 respectively by the National Fisheries Development Board (NFDB), DoF, Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Government of India.
- Shri. T. Purushothaman, CIBA partnered fish farmer from Kerala received Jagjivanram Innovative farmer award-2019 for diversified aquaculture.
- ICAR-CIBA adopted farmer Mr. Anjan Dandapat a progressive and innovative brackishwater farmer from Balasore District of Odisha, who adopted ICAR-CIBA technology in the farming of desi shrimp (Penaeus indicus), has been awarded Best Brackishwater Shrimp Farmer – Coastal States 2018 by National Fisheries Development Board (NFDB), Ministry of Fisheries, Government of India.
- Dr. M. Kumaran, Principal Scientist (Agrl. Extension) was conferred with Swami Sahajanand Saraswati outstanding Extension Scientist of the NARS/ICAR- 2017 by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research for the outstanding contributions made in the field of Extension Education.
- CIBA Nutrition team bagged Nanaji Deshmukh ICAR Award for outstanding interdisciplinary team research in Agriculture and allied sciences 2015-16 in the category of Animal and Fisheries Sciences. The team comprised of Dr. K. Ambasankar (Team leader), Dr. J. Syama Dayal, Dr. K.P. Kumaraguru Vasagam, Late. Shri. S. Stanline, Dr. P. Nila Rekha, Dr. Debasis De, Shri. Sandeep, K.P, Dr. T.K. Ghoshal and Dr. K.K. Vijayan
- Shri. Bhttps://ciba.icar.gov.in/aburaj, CIBA partnered fish farmer from Kerala received Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay Krishi Purskar, 2016 of ICAR for pearlspot seed production and farming.
- CIBA mentored Irular tribal farmer Smt. M. Usha, received the IARI Innovative Farmers Award-2016. She received this award for her expertise in crab fattening, seabass nursery in hapas, and polyculture of crab and seabass in community pond.
- Dr. P. Mahalakhsmi, Principal Scientist, received the ICAR-Jawaharlal Nehru Award for Outstanding Doctoral Thesis Research in Agricultural and Allied Sciences for the year 2012” for the thesis entitled “Decision Making Models for Identification and Classification of Optimal Location for Aquaculture Farming Development”.
- CIBA Received Nanaji Deshmukh ICAR Award for outstanding interdisciplinary team research in Agriculture and allied sciences - 2011-12. The team comprises B. Shanthi (team leader), Dr. M. Krishnan, Dr. V.S. Chandrasekaran, Dr. C.P. Balasubramanian, Dr. K. Ambasankar, and Dr. S. Kannappan.
- Dr. Nila Rekha, Principal Scientist received ICAR-Jawaharlal Nehru Award for best Ph.D. Thesis 2005 in Natural Resource Management for the thesis ‘Impact assessment of paper mill effluent irrigation’ for her doctoral work carried out at Anna University.