Agricultural knowledge management unit
The Agricultural Knowledge Management Unit (AKMU) envisages providing online interconnectivity between the different research institutes, national centers, State Agricultural Universities. The AKMU center at this institute is involved in creation of databases on coastal aquaculture. The AKM Unit also responsible for up-gradation of information technology facilities in the institute. This Cell envisages the adoption of advanced methods of communication and internet technologies This cell is responsible for the creation and content up-dating of the institute web site.
- Dr.P.Mahalakshmi, Principal Scientist (Computer Applications) & OIC AKM Unit
- Shri J. Ashok Kumar, Scientist (Computer Applications)
- Shri S. Nagarajan, Asst. Chief Technical Officer (Computer Programmer)
- Internet and E-mail Connectivity to all Scientists / Officers of CIBA
- Database development, up-dating and management
- Website creation, up-dating and maintenance
- Cloud stroage facility for Head/SIC
- Computers- upkeep, up-gradation and training of institute personnel
- Data compilation and statistical analysis
- Assisting in development of MIS research, teaching and training activities.
- Video conferencing facility for online meeting, trainings, events etc.
- Training users in use of audio visual aids for transfer of technology programmes.
- Verification and certifying quality of information technology equipments and accessories purchased
- Information Technology support to Library.
- Local Area Networking in CIBA Head Quarters and Library Automation.
- Display system for showing events, profile to visitors, dignatories
- AEBAS attendance system for staff
- Enhanced security through CCTV facility