Engineering cell provides the support service for the institute to develop the infrastructure facilities for conducting R & D activities in brackishwater aquaculture in terms of construction of laboratories, hatcheries, office buildings, wet labs, feed mill, culture and broodstock and culture pond development, and its associated electrical and plumbing works including the regular maintenance works (both civil and electrical works) etc. Engineering cell is liaising with CPWD and other state departments such as local planning authority, environment department, revenue department and electricity authorities and metro water department for executing the works. It is also responsible for day to day activities of maintenance of R & D facilities and also for the adoption of modern construction technologies in the field of Aquaculture.
- P. Mahalakshmi, Principal Scientist & OIC, Engg.Cell
- R. Puthiavan, Assistant Chief Technical Officer
- S. Prabu, Technical Assistant
Major Achievements (Last five years)
- Aquatic health facility lab and Aqua Climate laboratory at CIBA Hqrs, MRC Nagar, Chennai.
- Laboratory building (765 Sq.m.) and provision for vertical expansion for nine floors at CIBA, Hqrs, MRC Nagar, Chennai.
- Atrium with ornamental aquarium units at CIBA, Hqrs, MRC Nagar, Chennai.
- Trainees hostel facilities at CIBA Hqrs, MRC Nagar, Chennai and KRC of CIBA, Kakdwip.
- 320 KVA capacity of DG set (Generator with panel boards) at CIBA Hqrs, MRC Nagar, Chennai.
- Main entrance gate with compound wall at CIBA, Hqrs, MRC Nagar, Chennai
- Central drainage pond (8 Nos) at MES of CIBA, Muttukadu.
- HT service connections for main building, feed mill and hatchery complex at MES of CIBA, Muttukadu.
- Ornamental fish breeding unit and experimental platform at MES of CIBA, Muttukadu.
- Farmers Facilitation Centre at MES of CIBA, Muttukadu
- Roof Top solar unit over the feed mill and conference hall – 35 KVA Capacity at MES of CIBA, Muttukadu.
- Wet lab (Ground and first floor) at KRC of CIBA, Kakdwip.
- Development of C sector pond (11 Nos) at KRC of CIBA, Kakdwip.